The China Percutaneous Coronary Interventions (PCI) report is the first-ever syndicated report that covers the market landscape, procedural and technology trends, and competitive intelligence. The report is based on exhaustive secondary research and in-depth primary research conducted with more than 100 performing physicians in Interventional Cardiology and Cardiology departments from level 2 and level 3 hospitals in China.
The report covers:
- Diagnostic Procedures: diagnostic intracoronary imaging and monitoring procedures
- Percutaneous Coronary Interventional Procedures: chronic total occlusion (CTO) procedures
- Intracoronary Imaging Modalities: intravascular ultrasound (IVUS), optical coherence tomography (OCT)
- Interventional Measurement Approaches: fractional flow reserve (FFR) & instantaneous wave free ratio (iFR)
- Percutaneous Coronary Interventions: coronary stents, coronary angioplasty balloons, coronary atherectomy devices, embolic protection devices are covered in detail.
- Procedure Trends: by facility type, approach, and modality/device type.
“Spot stenting (70%) is applicable for patients whose lesion is relatively limited, and full coverage stenting (30%) is applicable for patients whose coronary artery have punches. If a patient has CTO, I will use the reverse interventional therapy technique. Percutaneous interventional therapy has a higher success rate and less trauma. ” – Interventional Cardiologist, Level 3 Hospital, Beijing, China 2020
- >70% of intracoronary imaging procedures are performed with IVUS
- ~50% of CTO procedures are performed through the antegrade approach
- ~40% of atherectomy procedures are using rotational atherectomy
Reimbursement – PCI procedures have sufficient coverage through different insurance schemes, China has started embarking on a value-based care system through Diagnosis-related Group (DRG) and shifted the care focus from quantity to quality. Physicians’ brand perception and their rank of medical device companies based on 15 KPIs such as technology, clinical evidence, patient outcome, etc. Moreover, diligent examination of physician’s brand usage and brand satisfaction levels, and the factors such as ease of use of the device, and cost-effectiveness among others effecting brand usage have been covered. Future Trends for PCI treatment landscape show that advances in remote patient monitoring for cardiac patients will aid faster diagnosis and timely interventional therapy thereby potentially increasing procedure volumes. Growing partnerships between MNCs and domestic Chinese companies and the ongoing healthcare reforms are expected to fasten the availability of innovative medical devices. Competitor landscape – Coronary stents (DES) came under the volume-based procurement (VBP) in 2020, and the average price of stents has fallen approximately 90% compared from prices of 2019. Stent manufacturers such as MicroPort Scientific, Boston Scientific, Lepu Medical, Medtronic and JW Medical bagged orders of more than 100,000 units each through VBP.
What’s in it for you?
- This report will help percutaneous coronary interventional (PCI) device companies understand the percutaneous coronary interventional landscape, procedural and technology trends, brand perception, and competitive intelligence in China.
- The report is a great resource to plan your market strategy to capitalize on upcoming trends and potential disruptors in the percutaneous coronary interventional devices market.
The deliverable includes a 100+ slide MS PowerPoint report and an MS Excel-based 5-Year market forecast model.
REPORT COST: 5,000 USD
Contact us below for further details regarding the exclusive data and insights in the report or for an exploratory analyst walkthrough of the report.